Learning Hawke’s Bay is a membership association of education providers in the Hawke’s Bay region. We have about 20 members, including schools and tertiary providers. Our mission is to support our members to grow the value of international education in Hawke’s Bay and promote global citizenship. We do this by promoting Hawke’s Bay as a desirable international education destination, and running programmes that help enhance international student experience in the Bay. We are funded by Hastings District Council, Napier City Council and member subscription fees. We also seek funding from other sources (eg central government agencies) and work closely with them to develop international education.
Our primary activities include:
• supporting members to develop marketing materials, such as an international student prospectus, flyers and video clips
• promoting our members and Hawke’s Bay via mainstream and social media, eg print and online media, WeChat (China market) and Facebook
• organising and leading offshore marketing missions, participated by our members
• bringing education agents to our region and introducing them to our member schools/institutions
• coordinating international student visits to our region
• running programmes that improve international student experience in the Bay, such as mayoral welcome functions, information seminars and student ambassador programmes
• Identifying other opportunities to support our members to develop international education.