Learning Hawke’s Bay is a membership association, an incorporated society and charity. We currently have 20 members, including two tertiary providers and 18 schools.
Our mission is to support our members to grow the value of international education in Hawke’s Bay and promote global citizenship. We do this by promoting Hawke’s Bay as a desirable international education destination, and running programmes that help enhance international student experience in the Bay. We are funded by Education New Zealand (a Crown entity supporting international education for NZ), Hastings District Council, Napier City Council and member subscription fees. We also seek funding from other sources and work closely with relevant agencies to develop and promote Hawke’s Bay as a desirable international education destination.
Our key services include:
- Supporting members to develop marketing materials, such as an international student prospectus and video clips, which will be published on our website, and promoted to education agents.
- Promoting our members and Hawke’s Bay via mainstream and social media, eg print and online media, WeChat (China market) and Facebook.
- Organising and leading marketing missions, participated by our members, local politicians and officials and supported by Education NZ and other government and private sector partners.
- Organising education agents’ famil trips and coordinating international student visits
- Identifying opportunities and supporting our members in international education activities
- Applying and managing funding to run programmes that improve international student experience in the Bay, such as mayoral welcome functions, international cultures day, etc.